A veritable crowd pleaser, stuffed mushrooms are always hit as an appetizer or a side dish. Stuffed mushrooms are simple to make and offer a burst of flavour with every bite.
In Jessica’s dairy-free, grain-free, and gluten-free version, we stuff cremini mushrooms with shallots, garlic, and Truffula’s Prairie Herb Cultured Cashew Cheese, packing the mushroom caps with savoury, herby, creamy deliciousness before topping with it a toothsome crumble. Whether you’re looking to satisfy a deep, cheesy craving or impress the heck out of guests at a wine and cheese, this recipe is a winner.
Prairie Herb Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12-18 cremini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Truffula's Prairie Herb Cultured Cashew Cheese Jar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Clean the mushrooms by brushing off dirt using a damp cloth or mushroom brush. Remove the stems of the mushrooms, reserving for the filling. Using a small spoon, scrape away the gills from each mushroom.
- Finely dice the mushroom stems. In a pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and sauté the stems, shallots, and garlic on medium heat until shallots are soft (approx. 5 minutes). Remove from heat and mix in the Prairie Herb Cultured Cashew Cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the hazelnut meal, nutritional yeast, parsley, and avocado oil.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with the cheese filling and top with hazelnut crumble.
- Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Bake the mushrooms 15-20 minutes until tender and crumb topping is golden. Serve warm.