The Original Cultured Cashew Jar is our most versatile product because it lends itself beautifully to creamy recipes like dressings and dips. One of our favourite ways to use the Original is to recreate a traditional Greek tzatziki into a raw, dairy-free version. Simple, fresh, and crisp, the dill, lemon, and cucumber really add depth, with the addition of spring water transforming the texture to that of a yogurt.
Enjoy this dip with fresh, crunchy veggies, falafel, our Sprouted Seed & Onion Crispbread, or a Greek rice bowl.
- 3/4 cup Truffula Original Cultured Cashew Jar
- 1/4 cup spring water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill (or mint)
- Salt and white pepper
- Chop the cucumber and place in a colander, sprinkling with salt to draw out some of the water. Let sit for 20 minutes and dry.
- Combine the Original Cultured Cashew Jar, spring water, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender. Puree until smooth. Fold in the cucumber and dill (or mint). Season with salt and white pepper to taste.