If you can’t eat dairy, chances are you’re missing cheese on salads. But you don’t have to miss out any longer with our version of a sweet and savoury roasted beet and arugula salad. The Truffula Cracked Peppercorn Wheel or Original Cultured Cashew Jar lend themselves well as a goat cheese alternative, adding a creamy texture and tangy flavour to this well-balanced salad.
If you prefer a nice peppery bite, use the peppercorn wheel, but if you want to dampen the arugula’s natural peppery flavour, the original cultured cashew spread is your best bet (plus, its slightly sour profile pairs beautifully with sweet baked beets).
Roasted Beet & Arugula Salad
- 3 large beets
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs
- Truffula Original Cultured Cashew Jar, or Truffula Cracked Peppercorn Wheel
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub the beets and wrap each in parchment paper before placing beets on a baking sheet and roasting until fork tender (around 45 minutes to an hour). Allow beets to cool long enough to handle, then peel and cut into wedges.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together oil, balsamic reduction, 1 tbsp of fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, add arugula and toss with the vinaigrette to coat. Top with beets and dollops or slices of Truffula. Sprinkle with remaining herbs and serve.